Sunday 30 January 2011

I Forgive you Linda Glenn for the painful lesson

Who can believe that February is upon us?
The UK benefits from a variety of seasons that will cater for everyones tastes.
Take Winter away completely and I would be content.
Dark days have no appeal for me.
Spring brings renewal, the days get longer in the light and somehow challenges seem more achievable.
There is no doubt that challenges exist all around the World.
Local and National issues are always of concern but to ignore the World scene would be foolish.
Where is society going?
Family life has always been the building block for society and its not difficult to see that both have become more dysfunctional.
Schools teach facts but omit to influence wisdom.
Kids are promised the Eearth but no-one tells them they need to work for it.
Everything has become disposable, including friendships.
When i was 11 years old a family in my street had eleven kids.
In spite of their differences they were fiercely loyal.
I managed to get myself "adopted" into their fold and Mum looked after me like she did her own.
After all, what is one more mouth added to eleven!
They were happy times.
One day i was having "words" with a boy of 10 years old in the family when his Sister of 15 turned up and warned me off her little Brother.
I laughed. You know the sort of thing. "Shes only a Girl!"
When she hit me in the face and burst my nose i remember thinking "a Girl just hit me!"
I forgive you Linda Glenn.That day you taught me more than one lesson.
Today family seems full of disunity, disloyalty and less affection.
I said i would never say it but i now give up.......they were better days when some values still existed.
The seasons have changed and so have people.
The World is smaller and the population larger.
Celebrate the good people in your life.
They are becoming more rare.
If you come across Linda Glenn.....duck!Dont say i didnt warn you.

No comments:

Post a Comment