Sunday 23 January 2011

Are you balanced in life...or do you just think you are?

Over my working life I have often been described as a "workaholic".
In truth I never really saw it that way.
My culture has always been to work hard and achieve my best.
In fact it was that same hard work that brought success.
I have never been opposed to money since it adds to the stability of life.
Neither has it ever been my priority.
I have travelled the World in Business achieving things people said were Impossible.
If it was "Impossible" it had my name on it!
I have been privileged to work with and help many fine people over the years.
I work long hours at times but I make them count.
There is never a reward in being a busy fool and I have had to re-train many salesmen to understand this.
Family has always been my priority.
I never became a casuality of missing out on quality time with those I love.
Obsession in a job is distracting.
A clear head and strategy always gets a return.
I work well on my own but love the team endeavour.
I never compete with others because I seek first to Improve myself.
I have had many plaudits but my greatest satisfaction is saying "I did that" with a sense of personal pride.
I am a 98% perspiration sort of a guy and 2% talented but I have always got the job done, made friends and gained respect and trust.
A job can change. Your family never will.
Dont make them pay for your lack of Insight.
Lose the time with them and its gone forever.
You can have both.
I know because I found it.
http://www.derekcarpentermarketing.co.uk/balanced-lifestyle

No comments:

Post a Comment